Next Day's Games

Final

Germany 1-0 (ET) Argentina (Gotze 113')

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Here We Go Again: 2014

I've toyed with the idea for a while and decided that I enjoyed my last blog for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa and that I'd like to do another one for the upcoming World Cup in 2014 in Brazil.

Couple differences between then and now. Firstly, I didn't cover qualifying in real time in the last tournament; I only did a recap prior to the finals. That's changed this time around. Qualifying started in June with the preliminary draw occurring a few days ago in Rio de Janeiro. I'll recap the games that have already occurred and break down the groups prior to when qualifying recommences in September. Secondly, because there's so many games going on worldwide, I won't necessarily go in to as much detail as in the last blog which focused specifically on the finals and every individual game. This is more going to be a general overview, at least until some more teams get pared off and I can focus on specific teams in more detail.

I'll try to post as frequently as possible but things will ramp up and taper off depending on the match schedules, simply because there isn't a lot I can post when no games occur for months at a time. Rest assured, I'll be around to cover games when they're occurring though.

Anyways, if you have any questions/suggestions, feel free to comment and I'll do my best to respond as soon as possible. I'll start posting later today or tomorrow breaking down the qualification structure for each of the 6 continents involved in qualifying including results that have already taken place and preliminary draw results for the remainder of the competition. I'll then start breaking down the upcoming games in September, as both North America and Asia have games scheduled September 2 and 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment